|MOMBASA – NAIROBI (N1)
MOMBASA – NAIROBI (E1)
MADARAKA EXPRESS TRAIN SERVICE FARES
First Class: KSH 3,000
Economy Class: KSH 700
Below 3 Years : FREE
Age between 3 – 11 Years :
- First class : Ksh : 1,500
- Economy class : Ksh 350
Above 11 Years :
- First class : Ksh 3,000
- Economy class : Ksh 700
- Tickets are available at the counter at the respective termini/stations
- Tickets on sale between 07:00 am and 04:00 pm
- Pay by cash or debit/credit card
- Book up to seven (7) days in advance, (7 days before date of travel)
- In Mombasa, boarding is at the Mombasa Terminus in Miritini; customers are picked up at the old Mombasa Railways station and transported to the Terminus by buses. The same buses will transport customers on arrival from the Mombasa Terminus to Mombasa CBD. The cost is Ksh. 100
- In Nairobi, connect services are offered by the Commuter Train and City shuttle buses at the CBD railway station. The Commuter train will pick up customers at 06:10am and transport them to the Nairobi Terminus in Syokimau area at Ksh. 50
Weight: Not exceeding 30 kilograms
Size: Should not measure more than 1.6 metres in height, width and depth
Terms & Conditions
Travelers are requested to purchase tickets at the ticket windows in the ticket office at stations
When at the ticket office:
- Please pay attention to the display screen at the ticket windows
- Please prepare ticket fee in advance for quick service
- Tell the Attendant your travel date, train number, dispatching (departure) station, destination station, preferred class, preferred seat number and ticket type
- Please check the ticket information and confirm you have been given the correct balance after purchasing the ticket
- Tell the ticket seller if you notice any mistake before leaving the counter
The Railway station will not accept any children who are traveling alone
Children between 3-11 years travelling with adults will get a 50 per cent discount
Children over 11 years old must pay the full ticket price
Each adult passenger can bring 1 child of 3 years or below. The child will travel free of charge.
In case an adult passenger is travelling with two or more children, the other children must pay half the ticket price
Cases where a passenger is travelling with twins, triplets or quadruplets, the children shall be deemed as 1 child provided ther is proof of birth e.g a birth certificate. One is thus encouraged to carry all relevant certificates and present them at the counter in such cases. For cases where proof of birth is not available, the child will be required to pay the full ticket amount.
In cases where a passenger looses his/her ticket, he/she will be required to buy another ticket in order to travel.
If a passenger looses his/her ticket while in transit, the passenger will be expected to buy another ticket at the destination station I order to exit the station,
Cases where a passenger misses to catch the train due to personal reason, the following refund procedure shall be observed:
- If the passenger notifies the station attendants before the train departs, the operator shall deduct 20 per cent of the ticket fee (refund fee)
- Refunds will not be issued after the journey has commenced, at Intermediate or destination stations.
- The ticket is a valuable train taking proof so please keep them properly. Requests for a refund will be rejected in cases where the tickets are damaged (unrecognizable).