- When does the train to Nanyuki operate?
Ans: The Train to Nanyuki usually operates on Fridays and returns back from Nanyuki on Sunday
- How long does the train to Nanyuki take from Nairobi?
Ans: With the terrain and the number stops that the train makes at each station, the time taken is 7 hours.
- How does one purchase tickets for the train?
Ans: Tickets are usually purchase while onboard the train and that’s why we encourage passengers to check in at least one hour early before train departure time.
- Do you offer catering services inside the train?
Ans: There is a catering company called Morans that offer foods and drinks to passengers at a fee.
- What time does depart Nairobi Central Railway Station?
Ans: The train departs from Nairobi Central Railway Station at 9.00am on Fridays
- Does it make stops along the way to Nanyuki?
Ans: Yes, it makes stops in Makadara, Dandora, Mwiki, Githurai, Kahawa West, Ruiru, Thika, Mitubiri, Makuyu, Maragua, Murang’a, Sagana, Karatina, Kiganjo and Naromoru
- Which sitting class arrangement does the train have?
Ans: The train has two classes. First class and Economy class. First class costs Sh1000 while Economy class costs Sh200. The fares vary depending on the point of boarding and destination
- Do you have courier services to Nanyuki via Rail?
Ans: Courier services have not been officially launched but we normally carry extra baggage for passengers at a fee which varies depending on its weight.
- How many trains do you operate to Nanyuki?
Ans: The train to Nanyuki usually operates once a week, on Fridays at 9.00am from Nairobi Central Railway Station.
- How early should one arrive at Nairobi Central Railway Station to board train to Nanyuki?
Ans: Kenya Railways expects passengers to check in at least one hour or earlier to time of departure
- When does the train return back to Nairobi?
Ans: The train from Nanyuki makes a return leg every Sunday
- What time does the train depart Nanyuki Train Station?
Ans: The train departs from Nanyuki Train Station at 9.00am.