When seeking to travel on the Madaraka Express Passenger Service, please note that:
• The advance booking window has been extended from 30 days to 60 days.
(b) Cancellation of tickets
• Request for refund shall be accepted 48 and 72 hours before the departure time for individuals and groups respectively.
• Refunds shall be subject to a 30% fee of the ticket price.
• No refunds shall be done for damaged or defaced tickets.
• All refunds shall be done over the counter at the nearest Madaraka Express Passenger Station.
• Tickets will be rescheduled for the same class (First or Economy), origin and destination as per the initially purchased ticket, subject to availability.
• Passengers may reschedule up to 48 and 72 hours before the departure time for individuals and groups respectively.
• Rescheduling shall attract a fee of 10% of the ticket price.
• Damaged or defaced tickets are not eligible for rescheduling.
• A ticket shall only be rescheduled once.
• A rescheduled ticket shall not be eligible for refund.
(c) Additionally, the following shall apply:
• Passengers found traveling with an invalid ticket or without a ticket shall pay full fare for Nairobi to Mombasa with an additional 30% penalty.
• Ticket sales shall be closed 30 minutes to departure.
• Minors below three (3) years do not pay any fare; those between three (3) and eleven (11) years pay half the ticket fee; and those above eleven (11) years pay the full ticket fee.
• During booking, minors will be required to indicate the parent’s or guardian’s national identification card (I.D) or passport number.
• If traveling alone, minors shall be required to present a copy of the parent’s/guardian’s national I.D/Passport.
• Each passenger will be allowed only two (2) pieces of luggage of maximum length and height of 1.6 metres. The total weight should not exceed 30 kilograms.